Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vintage books, fun gatherings and the winner is...



My husband and I made a commitment to each other before the holidays that we would start to destash/declutter our house. I said if we just take 5 minutes a day, we should be done in about ... Well on to the point, I was going through some very old knitting, crocheting and needle point books and magazines. We all know that the fiber arts have been around since Man had to clothed himself. I was amazed by these books below. One was printed before I was born. Look at the price! I am sure that was a lot of money in 1950. I can't possibly get rid of these, now can I?


This morning was busy with our Wednesday morning class. This class size and skills have really grown in the last six weeks. I am thrilled that people find great satisfaction in their work and trust me as an enabler, instructor and friend to continue to sign up for our classes. The new session begins with the Saturday classes, April 2. There are no classes next week due to a once a year vacation for me. The wonderful women in the co-op and our employees will hold down the fort while I am away. We hope you will come by and say hi.


I am thrilled to report that Laura, one of KAL knitters has completed her sweater! She came in today to pick out her buttons. The sweater is beautiful! After all our issues with the pattern, she loves the way it fits and she wears it proudly. Her face and head have been omitted on purpose, but look at the sweater! Charlotte is next and Patty might even been right there also. We are now looking for another project.


No comments:

Post a Comment